To fulfill the above goal NIC has designed, developed and implemented two software packages VAHAN and SARATHI in all the 22 District Transport Office (DTO), 4 Regional Transport Authority and State Transport Authority Offices.
- Issue of New License and Renewal of old License.
- Change of Address and Endorsements and Issue of Duplicate License
- Addition of New Class of Vehicle to Permanent Driving License (PDL)
- Issue of DL to IDP holders and additional endorsements to carry Hazardous Goods for transport drivers.
SARATHI is computer-based solution that helps DTO issue the Learning Licenses, Driving License, Conductor License and License for the Driving School Establishment.
It manages the following activities related with License -
Benefits to the Common People
- A vehicle owner can get his tax report any time, after a formal request. An owner can verify if his vehicle is involved in theft case.
- The record of such a vehicle may be locked. An owner can verify the results of the fitness test, in case his vehicle fails. A person intending to buy a used vehicle can verify its details.
- Single windows system and Quick efficient services, Hassle-free transaction and Accuracy of data.
- Simplified process of issuing Driving Licenses and No need to bring photograph
- Incorporation of Modern state-of-the-art technology like photograph capturing, fingerprint capturing and signature capturing devices
- On-line cash transaction at counter itself. No need to go to banks for depositing fee.
Benefits to the Government
- Better monitoring of Transport fee and Tax and No activity without payment of fee.
- Generation of list of tax defaulters and sending notices to vehicle owners.
- National permit bank drafts reconciliation.
- Computerized record of drafts received from other states and clearance status given by bank.
- A step forward towards e-governance and Ease in creating State Level Vehicle Register.
- Better citizen services.